Tuesday 1 September 2015

Surfing - 07/15

Surfing Carrmore

Instructor - Jarlath McHale


Today we decided to head to Carrowmore for a surf. The conditions weren't great with a lot of dumping waves but we tried to make the most of it. As I hadn't been surfing in a long time I was itching to go and especially since I treated myself to an awesome birthday present. 

Happy Out


Jarlath was a actually really helpful with my pop up. He had a look at me surfing a few waves first and then let me know what was going wrong. I was actually bring my front foot around my arm instead of through which really annoyed me when I tried to correct it. We surfed a few small waves at the start but when they got too small we brought the body boards in for a splash about. It was actually my first time body boarding so that was pretty cool. 
Shortly after this the waves picked up again and we brought the boards back in. This time the waves were breaking slightly cleaner so it was a lot more fun. I eventually got my pop up fixed as well which was a massive bonus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment